1 a state in the eastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies; one of the Confederate States in the American Civil War [syn: Virginia, Old Dominion, Old Dominion State]
2 the United States federal department responsible for the interests of military veterans; created in 1989 [syn: Department of Veterans Affairs]
- (geography) Official United States Postal Service abbreviations. Retrieved 28 Jan 2006.
VA may be an abbreviation for:
- Value added, economic term meaning additional value of the product created on a given stage of production, marketing or other involved process
- Various Artists, a term used in the recording industry when multiple artists are featured in a work
- VERSE Australia, the colloquial name given to VERSE Australia, a recording label from Australia. verse.net.au
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs, a department of the United States government
- Ventral anterior nucleus, a component of the thalamus in the central nervous system
- Veterans Health Administration, better abbreviated as "VHA", a sub-department of the United States Department of Veteran Affairs
- Victoria & Albert Museum, more usually given as V&A
- Virginia (United States postal abbreviations)
- Visual acuity, a quantitative measure of visual perception
- Visual arts
- Virtual Adepts, a "Tradition" in the White Wolf, Inc. role-playing game Mage: The Ascension
- Virtual airline
- Virtual assistant a independent contractor providing administrative, technical, or sometimes creative assistance to clients via the internet
- Virgin Atlantic, a successful worldwide airline owned by Richard Branson of the Virgin group.
- Virtual Analog, musical instruments that emulate sound of analog synthesisers using DSP techniques.
- Violent Apathy, punk rock band from Kalamazoo, MI.
- Voice actor, an actor who provides voices for animated characters or non-visual media
- V Australia Airlines (IATA airline designator)
- Volt-ampere, the SI unit of apparent power measurement, dimensionally equivalent to the watt
- Vulnerability assessment, is the process of identifying and quantifying vulnerabilities in a system.
VA or Va may also mean:
- Va people, an ethnic group in China and Myanmar
- VA Software (formerly "VA Linux Systems"), provider of the SourceForge Development Intelligence application
- Amateur Radio Callsign Prefix for Canada, e.g. as in "VA1BOB"
- Postnominal letters of the Royal Order of Victoria and Albert
- The V speed in aviation associated with design maneuvering speed.
VA in German: VA
VA in Esperanto: Va
VA in French: VA
VA in Korean: VA
VA in Italian: VA
VA in Dutch: Va
VA in Polish: VA
VA in Japanese: VA
VA in Norwegian: VA
VA in Finnish: Va
VA in Swedish: VA